Confidentiality & Information Disclosure
Sunshine Home Share Colorado is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who participate in our services. We realize that the concerns you bring to Sunshine Home Share Colorado are highly personal in nature. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within ethical considerations and shall be kept confidential. By signing this form you understand that:
- We may use information that you provide us in aggregate format, which will not personally identify you in any way. We reserve the right to use aggregate data in any manner (research, program improvement, funding initiatives, etc.)
- We do not disclose any personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone unless authorized by the client except for the following limitations:
- Threat to yourself or others. If you inform staff that you intend to inflict harm upon yourself or others, staff are required by law to take actions necessary to prevent harm to any involved party. This includes the obligation to warn any person who may be placed in imminent danger by your actions.
- If mandated by court of law. If you are involved in any court/ legal proceedings I may be subpoenaed to testify regardless of your consent.
- Abuse. If I am made aware of potential or actual occurrence of abuse or neglect I will be required to report this to the Department of Social Services.
- Supervision. Your case may be discussed with other social workers in a supervisory capacity.
Waiver of Liability and Indemnification
Our services are intended to be used only as general economic and financial resources. Please be aware that our information and services are not a substitute for the economic, financial, and other professional advice provided by banks and other regulated financial institutions and licensed financial professionals.
Sunshine Home Share Colorado does not provide investment, legal, or tax advice. Accordingly you should contact a lawyer, accountant, bank, or other financial institution before making any financial decision or entering into a financial transaction. Sunshine Home Share Colorado is not and will not be responsible for any liability associated with your financial decisions and transactions.
- I am voluntarily agreeing to the services and understand that Sunshine Home Share Colorado cannot guarantee the results of these services.
- I agree that I will not sue or bring any legal action against Sunshine Home Share Colorado for anything connected to the financial services, referrals or advice I received from Sunshine Home Share Colorado or its staff.
- I release Sunshine Home Share Colorado and its employees and volunteers from any liability associated with the information or counseling services provided.
My signature on this release indicates that I have read the above, or had it read to me, and that I understand the terms and conditions. I agree to continue with the services I am requesting.