Our Home Providers set the rent, rents range from $0 (for 10-15 hours of service exchange a week) to $800 (for no to little service exchange).
Home sharing is great way to bring life into your home. All of our matches are based off of “goodness of fit” meaning we look at personality, lifestyle, hobbies and interests to match you with someone you’d get along with.
Many of our Home Seekers come to the program because they enjoy helping others. Usually the more service exchange and help with daily tasks the less the rent is.
Sunshine Home Share verifies each person that enters our program, assessing for mental health, financial health, and completing reference and background checks.
- Home Providers must be above the age of 55, our youngest Home Provider has been 55 years old and our oldest Home Provider has been 100 years old
- Home Providers home must be in good financial standing, have all working large appliances, and have a bedroom for the Home Seekers to use
- Home Providers must provide 3 references
- Home Providers home must be located in Metro Denver or in Colorado Springs.
We consider Metro Denver to be the cities of Arvada, Aurora, Broomfield, Centennial, Commerce City, Denver, Edgewater, Englewood, Golden, Greenwood Village, Lakewood, Littleton, Northglenn, Thornton, Westminster, & Wheat Ridge.
- Home Providers must use their home as their primary residence.